Friday 9 August 2013

Cultural signifiers in Fantasy?

Been working a lot with a new portfolio, will make changes to this page in the near future due to a new career move, and I´m really excited to show you some of the stuff I have been putting together.

Have managed to put some personal stuff together to, been using it to see how to push myself in Photoshop to ease in to a digital workflow.

Been reading up on cultures and myth, namely "Myth,Ritual and Religion" by Andrew Lang and "Myth and Mythmakers; Old Tales and Superstitions Interpreted by Comparative" by John Fiske. This got me thinking about how we portray myth and religion in fantasy art. I wanted to explore that and so created this character portrait working with cultural signifiers like material and symbols.

This is Brecca the Archer, 30x21, graphite on toned paper, colours in Photoshop.







No comments:

Post a Comment