Tuesday 26 November 2013

Artorder Inspiration Challenge

Recently finished my entry for the Artorder challenge "Inspiration" and wanted to showcase my contribution. 
Have been posting snapshots of the projects evolution on Instagram, so if your interested in the work in progress, skip over to my Instagram page through the link here on the right.

Lately been occupied with the mood and feel of myth and stories that inspired me as a kid. Norse myths, Homerian stories, Celtic foltales. There is a grim, dark and foreboding sub current to these stories, one that I react to, to this day. I wanted to catch some of that, hint at some mystic story, and pay homage to some artists that add fuel to my burning pyre of inspiration.




"..of Myth and Magic", Oil on Board, 100x43cm

No comments:

Post a Comment